Thursday, April 16, 2009

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Why did I choose to read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone? The answer is simple really: I have never read it before. In fact, I have never read a book in the series before (shocking, I know). Yes, I have seen the movies, but according to you, my peers, the books and the movies hardly compare. So I thought I would take this opportunity to finally begin the series and see what all the fuss is about. To be honest, I am not sure if I will like the book; I thought the movies were... okay, but I wouldn’t say I am a die-hard Harry fan. But who knows; maybe I will like it, maybe I won’t. Anyways, the book was written by J.K. Rowling (but I’m sure you already knew that) and has won numerous awards such as the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, and the British Book Award. In general, it has been well received by critics and has become a very popular book in many countries throughout the world.

No comments: