Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Diagon Alley

Well, I am slowly making progress in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone... I am now on page 85... or something like that. It's been slow-going but I'll get there. Anyways, I have reached the part in the book where Harry is shopping for "school supplies" in Diagon Alley. Diagon Alley reminds of the 50th and France district, with all of the different shops and restaurants. For some reason, I am a big fan of these kind of urban areas.... I don't know why but I just think they are really cool.

Here is a picture of Diagon Alley (from the film version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)




























Here is a picture of 50th and France (in case you haven't been there)




















I don't know... I think the are pretty neat. They're like outdoor malls almost. So yea... I think Diagon Alley looks like the 50th and France district.

The End.

PS - Mrs. Jarrett, I am still waiting for my synopsis of The Dark Night. If I don't receive it soon, I will have to fail you... and trust me you don't want that.

No comments: